Saturday, January 01, 2011

The Year of Transferring Dangerously

This year I spent a huge amount of time transferring my extremely huge record collection to mp3's... I've been doing this for ten years now and have barely made a dent...

Each year for friends I make a compilation of the best or most interesting songs I stumbled upon...

There are also three new songs I've recorded this year... I Will Follow You I did in my kitchen using CuBase and a Karoeke track...

The Sea and Sand was a demo I did with Mike Armstrong to play for our band so we could learn it... we sent it a former band member Erik Johnson who over laid strings and punched it up...

and A Taste of Honey is a preview of some of the work I've been doing with Brian McNally in recording an album using found backing tracks...

Below is a player where you can listen to the whole CD as a podcast...

Enjoy and Happy New Year 2011!!!


The Ghost and Mr. Chicken - Vic Mizzy
Rubber Bands and Bits of String - Telly Savalas
All My Friends Have Gone to California - Anthony Perkins
I Will Follow You - John S. Connors (from the kitchen sessions)
Don't Rain on My Parade - Nelson Riddle
Bye Bye Brown Eyes - Anthony Newley
Let's Fool Around - Johnny Charro
The Green Grass Starts to Grow - Percy Faith
The Sea and Sand - Bric & Brac (produced by El Nazn)
I've Been Wrong Before - Julius LaRosa
What Became of Life - Jimmy Durrante
Forever - The Carravelles
Holiday For Strings - Sue Raney
Soul and Inspiration - Jane Morgan
A Bad Case of You - Dolly Holiday
I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face - Nino Nanni
The Ballad of The Shape of Things - Blossom Dearie
Shapes - Eileen Fulton
A Taste of Honey - John S. Connors (produced by Brian McNally)
My Cigarette and I - The J's With Jamie
Theme from The Stowaway in the Sky - Nelson Riddle
We've Loved Before - Henry Mancini
Over The Sun - Tony Bennett
You Were Meant for Me - Peggy Lee/Michael Franks
When It Doesn't Work Out - Cass Elliot
Nessun Dorma - Joah Valley


2 comments:

Mike Lynch said...

Happy 1/1/11, Johnny! Great to see your new post for the New Year. Much health and happiness to you, sir!

Gary said...

John, I'm listening to Telly Savalas right now..this is the 2nd time I'm listening to this compilation and am loving it. Great Job!
MrAiredale