Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lick a Lolly

This song makes me very happy. The Electric Company was sort of like grad school for Sesame Street watchers. I was a really early reader, by the third grade I was reading at an 8th grade level and probably this show was one of the reasons.

When I first watched this number I thought it was cute and a little naughty, but after the 2nd time I marveled at the wonder of the songwriter Joe Raposo. He wrote a number of songs for Sesame Street and The Electric Company. Probably his best known song is "Sing" (Sing a Song). Raposo knew how to make ear bugs, songs that were just stuck in your head, that tickled that part of your brain that makes you happy. This song is drowning all other thoughts out of my mind.  La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la! 

3 comments:

Erik said...

Before I even read your comments I was thinking, "This song is actually really great."

I think I'm going to buy The Electric Company DVD's for my niece.

Anonymous said...

室內設計之法令管理研究室...裝修管理辦法之內涵,與室內設計的本質、現況、以及發展...此一瓶頸如無法突破。

Anonymous said...

i will kill you for exposing me to this. and then i'm going to get billy, molly, solly, and lilly. although the modulation is pretty cool.