Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
1951!


This year is going by so fast. I can't believe it's Thanksgiving already. I'm working my way through my families home movies and luckily there is a treasure trove of goodies for this time of year.

Watch as my my family stuffs themselves on giant turkey legs, enjoys a smoke and then out comes the whiskey. Even Grandma takes a shot. Remember to save some room for pie! It's a feast.

Seen in this film is my Aunt Mildred. She was a man-ish sort of woman. During this period when women were forced to wear dresses, I swear she looked like a transvestite. It's sweet to see how much my parents are in love with each other. But question... what the hell is my mother smelling?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

Feng said...

And a Happy Fat Bird day to you, my friend.

Aaron said...

This is gold! I love old home movies. We don't have any, sadly, but it's nice to see a glimpse of another time. Are those little kids your brothers and sisters?