Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A Bit of Hope

This video has been pretty viral, but it was one of my favorites of the political season. I'm going to vote in a few minutes for Obama. I hope that it's a landslide. These last eight years have been pretty tense. With Clinton it was all Sex, Money and Rock N' Roll, with the Republicans it's been War, Death and Kenny Chesney. It think the world needs a break.

Even my father who has been pretty much a Republican his whole life is voting for Obama, I think... He told me Sunday he was still undecided, but he wants to have the war end in Iraq and McCain will continue it. As my mother said when the Iraq war started, "Even when I was a little girl, we knew never to go poking a stick into that vipers nest in the Middle East."

Eight years ago I didn't vote, I got so complacent after 8 years of Clinton that things would stay the same, that we never could go back to the Republicans after the years of Reagan/Bush I. I've never forgiven myself.

So get out there and vote... Peace...

1 comment:

Aaron said...

I don't think you should be too hard on yourself for not voting in 2000. I honestly think things had gotten SO good that something terrible had to happen to balance it out, so Bush, as stupid as he was, was destined to be crowned (not elected, you'll notice).

We just didn't realize HOW terrible and for HOW long it would continue. I can't tell you how old I feel right now. At least 20 years older than my real age. I honestly wonder if I would have felt healthier and been less nihilistic over the last few years if we'd had a better leader who hadn't brazenly stolen from us and had made it seem like anything was worth sticking around for.

(On a side note, I hope Laura divorces him and takes him to the fucking CLEANERS.)