Tuesday, June 17, 2008

New Light Blubs!

My paranoid next door neighbor warned me about putting those new fluorescent light bulbs in our hallway because they would explode. She's always thinking something is going to explode or catch on fire. When I moved in here she warned me about not screwing in the light bulbs too tight; She's always poking her nose around my house looking at the wattage of the bulbs I have in my lamps. However, this time she might be right. Here is a clip I found on land-o-links this morning of Congressman Poe from Texas talking about the new bill that would require all Americans to use these bulbs by 2014.

I actually really like these spirally bulbs that claim to last for years. They only seem to last maybe a little over a year. Poe's speech is very entertaining when he explains how to dispose of these bulbs.

I'm debating whether to stoke the fires of my neighbor's light bulb paranoia by sending her this.

3 comments:

Erik said...

I love the guy behind him.

Aaron said...

Yes, it looked like the guy behind him was laughing to right-hand neighbor (hidden by Mr. Poe) about what a tool Poe is...

I confess to not being wild about those bulbs...they remind me of the bathroom in the cheap motel I stayed in when I visited Mom's nursing home last month...but once they're standard, I suppose we'll all get used to them.

Graeme said...

Oh great, now I have to watch out for *my* light bulbs too... ;)