Wednesday, April 30, 2008

KITTEN WEDNESDAYS PRESENTS A CREEPY TALKING CAT

My poor late cat Fiona was a big talker. I she pretty much learned how to say 'turkey', and had a vocabulary of about 20 words. Really, how much does a cat really need to say. This cat however seems to be the Norman Mailer of the feline word. I'm sure it's cute the first few times, but then it would be like having a small demon roaming about the house.

One dark night, Fiona coughed up a hair ball and began to make similar noises. It was the most frightening thing to be woken up to what sounded like a human voice in the other room desperately trying to form words. No wonder cats were looked on with suspicion in the Middle Ages.

3 comments:

Aaron said...

I think it's because the cat has a high-pitched, little kid's voice that it sounds creepy. If the cat had a fully mature, three-pack-a-day Lucille Ball voice, it might be less creepy...

Jess said...

One of my cats does this too. He's deaf, so he has no volume control. All kinds of yowls and "conversation"... Mostly about food (when?) and attention (when?).

Quasi said...

You humans need to know that while our words may not make sense to you, we know perfectly well what we're talking about. BTW, I’d like to tell you that I’ve written a scathingly funny book, The World Is Your Litter Box, which will be out in May. The book is cleverly disguised as a cute cat book so humans will buy it, but is, in fact, a how-to manual FOR cats. Check it out on my website, www.theworldisyourlitterbox.com.