Saturday, December 29, 2007

Dennis Was Really a Menace
Happy Holidays Everyone... Sorry I've not written much, but I've been sick as a dog with some sort of flu thing. 103 temps, chills, spectral visits in the middle of the night from Ed Wynn; The whole deal. I'm over the worst of it, but I've not been in a bloggin' mood.

However, today I spent some leisurely time transferring some records to digital. This was one of them. "Ka-Pow! Ka-Pow! Ka-Pow!" is a one of the strange relics of a not to distant childhood. Do children still play with guns? I used to work in the Toy Department at a Zayre and we had a full toy gun aisle. Some of the models were so real that our security department was always afraid that someone would take one of them and rob the store. Part of my job as an 18 year old was to stop the kids from their gun battles. With the age of sniper shootings going down, this record is especially chilling.

I've got to crawl back in bed now. See you in the new year!

2 comments:

margmor said...

hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

HOLEY COW!

I just about had a cow listening to this!

Kapow, Kapow, Kapow was the FIRST record I ever owned, as a little girl!

THANKS!
LOLOL for the memory.

:)