Saturday, August 04, 2007

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME!

It's been one full year writing this blog! How time does fly... Thanks to Gary Airedale, who after I called him up one night with a story how I got into a shouting match with a Republican NeoCon on the El train (during which I got the train to join me a chorus of "People") told me I should be writing this stuff down in a blog.

Thanks to everyone who has linked me in their favorite sites. I'm always shocked and surprised to see people from all over the world reading something that was just a way to break up the boredom at my job. I really never expected more than my friends reading this... However, I knew that there was some reason I was collecting all this ephemera and I'm glad to spread the love around. I keep thinking I'm out of things to post, then a pile of stuff falls out of a closet...etc, etc....

Special thanks to Hell in a Handbag, one of the first sites to link to me; Go Away I'm Reading's Aaron for your constant comments (isn't that a tea?) and Mike Lynch for linking me and making me a cyber- star, and to everyone whose been so nice about reading these silly posts.
Sally Field said it best:

5 comments:

Marna said...

To borrow a phrase from 1977 (or thereabouts), "Keep on Truckin'." I love a hole in the head and look forward to reading it more thoroughly now that I'm unemployed. More podcasts, please!

David said...

I know a good thing when I see it baby!

Aaron said...

I enjoy my visits thoroughly! And your old magazines and photos are such great glimpses into a time that technology has caused us to forget, but that we mustn't!

BC said...

Yay Johnny! Love your blog. Have you been thinking about my request?
I hope so!
Here's to many more years.

Miss K said...

Congratulations on the anniversary of this rocking blog! Keep the random stuff coming! I second more podcasts! Hugs