Wednesday, August 01, 2007

THE GODFATHER 1981

My sister designated me to be the Godfather for my niece, Melissa. Why I'll never know. However, I do know that I've never given her one tiny bit of spiritual advice these past 27 years. While scanning some old family photos and I ran across these gems. I've never seen anyone looking more like they didn't want to be somewhere. I was just too cool for school.

Here I am staring down at the baby like I'm silently putting a curse on her. I'm probably thinking that I was missing "Angie". Here I snuck out and left in my place my Madame Tussaud's wax dummy.


Here, using all my concentration, I make the priest burst into flames.


Afterwards, you can see the look of pure joy in my face as I stand with my brother, while my toupee blows in the wind.

Thank god I'm not a teenager anymore.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

What a precious angel! And the baby's cute, too! :-)

Did she shit herself? Your father's plugging his nose and laughing in the third shot (that IS your father, right?).

I'm with you on "Angie." They used to show re-runs during the day when I was 11 (when the show was NEW!). That Doris Roberts just made my day!

David said...

You look positively miserable.