Tuesday, August 21, 2007

....and I wondered why I never liked peas...Step right up, folks, and meet the gayest, most sinister character in frozen vegetable advertising! When he's not shocking the ladies during their shopping trips by throwing peas around the store he's demonically hypnotizing them into joining his evil legion of pea people. "Lead the life of Riley..." come join us!
Mother comes home to indoctrinate her children in the joys of frozen peas. Dear Daughter coyly plans her next move: "What will you give me for a basketful of kisses?" Darling Son holds on to the boiling pot of water. "I hurt myself today, mother, to see if I still feel...I focus on the pain..."
Father is shocked with horror to see that it is too late as daughter brings the cycle of pea propaganda full circle. She chortles: "I always eat my peas with honey; I've done it all my life. They do taste kind of funny but It keeps them on my knife."
Time for dinner...

8 comments:

AC said...

I hate peas - and this makes me hate them more :)

michaelrbn@aol.com said...

I love peas, and I KNOW that it won't be long before you see the light.

Charlene said...

That man bears more than a passing resemblance to Clarence Birdseye.

shawnp said...

The Mother reminds me of Jane Wyatt.

Edwardo said...

The peas remind me of rabbit poop.

Aaron said...

What ingenious little potato rosettes on that pea platter. Keeps the kids from mixing the peas with the potatoes--cleVER!!

BC said...

Peas are good. Wish I had some right now. I can eat them cold out of the can.

Aaron said...

Cold peas? Out of a can? Eugh! BC!