Monday, March 05, 2007

Tanks for the Napkin...

In the world of ephemera, there has to be nothing more transitory than funny napkins. Not only do you have the rotting away factor, but you have the use factor. You might cut out an old ad, but do you save a napkin with a funny saying on it for your scrapbook... let alone a box of napkins? I mean what kind of nut... um... that must be me...

Here are a couple napkins that I've been holding on for no particularly good reason. No greasy fingers please.
My friend Randy worked for Burt's Place in Atlanta in the late 70s.
Here are two relics of this long closed restaurant.

The restaurant was in the Omni the same place where Sid and Marty Kroft had their amusement park The World of Sid and Marty Kroft and was the home of the world's largest escalator--8 stories high. I rode on it; it was terrifying.


Why the Mason/Dixon Tank lines would need a set of comic napkins is beyond me. But here they are saved for all time... I'm missing the beatnik...



Until next time... remember to wipe your mouth...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, they didn't NEED napkins, but they did them anyway! What corporation would do something like this nowadays?

GTW

Aaron said...

Especially an esoteric "in" joke like the one from the bandaged guy. Nowadays, they dumb everything down so even Jessica Simpson could understand it.

David said...

Damn, I miss those napkins...reminds me when my daddy took me to the bar.

Aaron said...

That explains so much, David. :-)