Sunday, February 25, 2007

Crumbling Beauty

Years ago I found this scrap book at an estate sale. It's wonderful. It's circa 1929-32; And is a look into what a movie fan cut out and pasted into a book. The photos and the people are so beautiful and fragile. Every time I take it out it crumbles just a little bit. I'm proud that from the mists of time I can share these little bits of Hollywood past through the eyes of a scrapbooker. (click on photos for bigger views)



This person was a big "Joan Crawford" fan....


Happy Oscar Weekend...

6 comments:

Heather said...

That was delightful!

I love the two girls in the bottom right page.

Aaron said...

The lighting in the photographs was so much more artistic then...the eyes were so beautifully lit, and they used spotlighting to make the faces more heart-shaped.

Nowadays, photographers just look for stretch marks and bed-head...

David said...

Love these. I have an old Joan Crawford scrapbook from Ebay form an old adoring fan. It's precious. Joan had many extremely devoted fans before her daughter realized the only way she could achieve any sort of notoriety was too make a career of being a victim.

Johnny C said...

David... I knew you'd enjoy the Joan clips. Have you ever seen the Joan "Coke" characture before... I love the tag line, "Coke...who shares no one."

More clips coming soon...

Johnny C said...

I meant 'spares' no one... I can't type anymore...

David said...

I have not seen the Joan Coke thingee...