Tuesday, November 21, 2006

MY WICKED, WICKED YOUTH

In 1976, I read Dracula which is a book that is completely told through diary entries. It impressed me so much that at age 13 I decided it was time I marked the drama of my young life down in print. I've carried this torn up red book, that I bought at Stewart's 5 and 10 on 63rd street that summer, around with me everywhere I've lived. In fact, about ten years ago I did an auto-biographical piece using the entries and singing themes from the TV shows of the day.

A while back a friend said that he was thinking of posting his mother's diaries from the 1940s. I thought it was a great idea, so of course I stole it and decided to post my inner most thoughts from when I was in the 7th grade. Thanks Dave!

If you read these regularly you'll see that mostly this is a fascinating look at what a non-typical 13 year old with much time and few friends watched. And it's interesting to me to see what I was thinking back in the good old 1970s. I'll post comments when appropriate. So... if you are so inclined I give you my second blog. Here's the link: One Year Diary - Circa 1977

No comments: