Thursday, October 05, 2006

From the "Well I Thought it Was Funny" Department.

Last night I was at the Auditorium Theatre seeing the Joffery Ballet's production of Cinderella. During and intermission, I asked a friend if he wanted anything to drink from the bar; he said "I doubt if they have it, but I'd like a sherry". I went to the bartender and said, "This is a long shot, but do you have sherry back there?" He said, "No. I'm sorry we don't." (pause, pause, pause) "Well..." I replied, "Could you check to see if Nancy's around?". Stoney silence and stare. That's all folks.

7 comments:

Marna said...

I think it's funny. If I'd been standing next to you, I would have laughed and enjoyed it. Then he would have looked stupid not laughing.

Graeme said...

Ha! ;-P

Anonymous said...

remember to bring your laugh track next time

knee-jerk said...

And if I were there, I would have channeled Frankie Valli and broke into "Sherry", baby. Unsophisticated AND no goddamn sense of humour -- fuck 'em!

keetah said...

that's about as funny as a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest!

deez said...

and if you broke into "sherry", baby, i woulda cracked a chair over someone's head baby!

knee-jerk said...

Well, as the great philosopher Elvis Presley once sang, "If you can't find a partner, use a wooden chair..."