Monday, August 07, 2006

LEFT IN THE DARK



It was just a matter of time before I posted some Barbra stuff... so I thought I'd get it out of the way... This video is pretty insane and has every 80s video cliche in the book... Check out around the 4:00 minute mark for a fabulous shot of Babs smoking and guzzling coke during the musical break... I vaguely remember this being shown a couple of times on regular TV. It's during Barbra's "I'm SO FUCKING SERIOUS, but don't you think I'm sexy" stage of her career.

The thing that makes this video so 'special' is that it's a Jim Steinman song. He was best known for writing classic Meatloaf songs. So it's Meatloaf meets Bonnie Tyler meets Barbra during a Moonlighting episode. Enjoy...

WARNING: This video has a shriek factor of 8.5. The sound of her high notes may stick in your head for up to 15 hours after listening.

No comments: