Friday, August 04, 2006

Adventure Blogging…

Welcome to my first Blog. Much like taking your first steps or saying your first word… (which my mother claims was ‘curtain’…) I’m sure that this will be really wobbly and full of incoherent mumbles. In fact, I’m still a little unclear on the concept of ‘blogging’ and especially how people have become ‘blogging stars’. I guess it’s an open field where only the fastest wits and typists survive.

That being said… I’m sure that 99% of what I’ll have to write will be filled with unfinished sentences, half-truths, and tons of misspelled words. Not to mention being called on my use of ‘there’ and ‘their’; or ‘to’ and ‘too’. A problem I’ve had since the start of low-grade education in the Chicago Public School system… One of my big fears is being forced to spell words in front of an audience. That “Spellbound” movie almost put me in the hospital.

Oh, speaking of random thoughts and the Chicago Public School system. One of my first reading memories is being in the 1st grade and Mrs. Kowalski asking me to read aloud from the fantastically large Dick and Jane book at the front of the room… In my mind that book was about ten feet tall. I just stared at it for a long time repeating, 'the pony is..., the pony is....and then she came running up to me screaming: THE PONY IS FRISKY, THE PONY IS FRISKY. Words that till this day make me shiver with fear. I hope that somewhere in some level of hell that old bat is riding that frisky pony for all eternity.

So welcome... As the title says... I need to be doing this like I need another hole in the head.

and speaking of holes...

that will have to wait until another post...

6 comments:

Marna said...

This blog needs more photos! And music samples of the blogger singing. I will check it regularly

Daniel said...

Well for a first entry, that's pretty good. I laughed, I cried, I got FRISKY! :)

Rainy said...

I read your blog through a veil of tears, John.

Luv,

your old pal Lolo

visit my blog, The Power Dump Diaries

Anonymous said...

I think its a great start. It get easier everytime. I laughed and it reminded me of school too.
Sunshine My space

Kat said...

Hi! It's me! Fresca from San R. That's quite a creepy memory of reading. hmmmm. speaking of holes, I had
a dream about holes the other night. Coinky dink?

I look forward to reading your blog. Hug!!!!

MusicOnTV said...

Tisn't the maiden bloggage John, tis it?

Love the blog... more more more...

Kisses!

Dan the Mostly Grape Juice Man